Heels are a girl’s best friend! And how could they not be? Heels look good with almost every outfit, they elongate your figure and heels can boost your confidence. However, finding the right pair of heels that fit you perfectly and can be worn comfortably isn’t always easy. That’s why we have created this guide that will help you find stylish shoes and heels for wide feet.
What Makes the Perfect Heel?
When you are shopping around for your next favorite pair of heels or shoes, you will want to keep these characteristics in mind:
- Comfort – Even though heels may not be known as the most comfortable shoes out there, there are some ways to make sure you are getting a pair of heels that prioritizes comfortability. Stick to low heels that have some sort of sole cushion, which make the shoes easier to walk around in for extended periods of time.
- Sizing and Width – Not all heels were made to fit your foot perfectly, especially if you have wide feet. When you are shopping for heels, always try to a heel that has flexible aspects that can stretch and mold to your feet. Having your wide feet accommodated in a heel will mean the difference between whether the shoe fits you comfortably or not.
- Heel Height – Most importantly, you want to make sure that you are buying heels that are practical for you and your lifestyle. If you’re not comfortable wearing a shoe with a four-inch heel, stick to kitten heels or heel heights around two inches. We are all about faking it until you make it, but it’s hard to fake it in heels you have a hard time walking in.
Plus-Size Heels for Wide Feet
Now that you know which qualities to look for in the perfect pair of heels, let’s talk about some of the styles we love for wide feet. These heels are not only comfortable but practical and stylish.
1. Wide Sandal / Strappy Heels
We love strappy and sandal heels! These heels have become more popular with many different styles popping up over the last year, and we can see why. Not only are these heels practical, but they also pair well with any outfit. Wearing cute sandals with a heel can be more comfortable than the traditional heel because these usually have a lower heel height. There are also usually multiple straps that help keep your heels secured to your feet while walking. We love the versatility of this heel, as it comes in many different styles that range from bold to minimal.
2. Block Heels for Wide Feet
We highly recommend going with a block heel when you are shopping for new shoes. Block heels are usually thicker and shorter in length, which will make your heels much easier to balance and walk in. These bold heels are also incredibly trendy and stylish. If you are feeling adventurous and want to go for a higher heel, do so with a block heel. The sturdiness of the block heel will make wearing a higher heel much simpler.
3. Wide-Fit Ankle Booties
If you need a heel that incorporates more stability, try wide-fit ankle booties. These heels come in a variety of styles and, since they cover your whole foot and provide ankle support, they can be much easier to walk in. When you are shopping for these ankle booties, make sure you search for shoes for thick ankles and calves to ensure that you find the perfect fit.
4. Wide Wedges
If you’re not sold on heels and would prefer more of a wedge, wide wedges for plus-size women are a great option. Wedges are extremely practical and comfortable, and you can top off any look with a cute pair of these shoes. Choose from a variety of styles to fit your aesthetic and favorite outfits.
5. Mules for Wide Feet
If you love a subtle heel with a cute design, mules are going to be your favorite pick for the office, brunch and everything in between. Mules are very practical and usually come in a block heel so they are comfortable and easy to walk in.
6. Wide Calf Boots
For the fall and winter seasons, you are going to want to keep a pair of wide-fit and wide calf boots in your closet. These boots can come with a heel or flat sole, but we love how the heeled boots elongate our figures and make us feel like a bombshell.
Get ready to strut your stuff in these practical, trendy, cute and comfortable wide heels! Nothing is stopping you in these!