Breezy cardigans, buffalo plaid and comfy tunics—is there anything better than a fab fall wardrobe? Coupled with the bright colors of changing leaves, trips to the apple orchard and pumpkin spice everything, we’re wild about this season, through and through. Get ready for all the soul-warming autumn activities ahead with these stylish trends. Make sure you add these seasonal fundamentals to your closet so you are ready to build dozens of dreamy fall looks. 🍁
1. A Solid-Colored Cardigan (or Two)—Fall is cozy cardie season for sure, and we are obsessed with this season’s take on rocking them in both neatly tailored cuts and effortless, loose fits. Designed for complete and total versatility, a set of solid-colored, plus size cardigan sweaters—one in black, one in navy, perhaps?— will ensure that you always have a long-sleeved go to piece for any look.
2. A Plush Pullover to Keep You Toasty—Who are we kidding? The best parts of fall are cozying up by a tranquil fire, sipping something hot and spicy (homemade mulled wine, anyone?) and dressing in everything soft and warm. Fuzzy pullovers are the perfect option for weekend errands, bonfires and even a lazy evening in.
3. A Pair of Boot-Ready Skinny Jeans—Is it even fall if it your wardrobe doesn’t include variations on denim skinnies? Grab an array from our selection of women’s curvy fit jeans, with everything from distressed light wash styles to deep black pairs that are classic yet super flattering and ready for chic styling with your fave pair of boots.
4. A Few Statement-Making Long-Sleeved Tops—Versatility is the name of the game for any seasonal wardrobe, but sometimes you just want to make a splash. Pair your simpler leggings or skinny jeans with a statement-making plus size long-sleeved shirt in a fun print or pattern. Stripes, animal prints, florals, dots and camo—they’re all fair game when you’re looking to add a touch of flair to your closet this season!!
5. A Pair of Layerable Leggings—For the days when jeans just won’t do (and, let’s be honest, that’s a lot of days during cozy season), you’re going to want to snag up a few pairs of leggings for sure. These layer-worthy wardrobe staples pair well with your favorite curvy size layered tops—hello, slouchy tunics, ponchos and cardigans—for a totally on-trend versatile option during the cooler months.
6. A Comfy Cozy Poncho—Whether you consider them boho, bougie or equestrian-chic, one thing’s for sure: the poncho is back in, and we know they will stay fab for seasons to come. To totally embrace the fall vibes, grab a style in a classic plaid that makes it look like you’re wrapped up in a warm and cozy blanket. Perfect for those fall football games!
7. Some Booties That Go with Everything—As much as we adore the calf-height, equestrian boots that dominated the past few falls, we’re happy to usher in the bootie trend this year, too. Whether they’re heeled, flat, rubber or suede, shorter boots are perfect for any fall event or activity with ease. Make sure you have a few versatile pairs, like something in taupe or gray, to go with all your fav looks.
8. A Jacket, Obviously— Jackets are always perfect for layering for the season. Snag one in a match-all shade like camel or mulberry (see below) so you can toss it on over tees, tunics, dresses and more without having to think too much about what styles with what.
Honoring Your Sense of Style
We know the impact that cute clothes have on your confidence, no matter the season. We also know the struggle of finding on-trend clothing that fits and flatters women with curves. By catering to fashionable women who wear sizes 10-22, Creativeclipsbycolleen can help you build an ideal year-round wardrobe so you feel completely and totally you. Pumpkin spice and all!