Is it just us or is dressing for work way more fun in the fall than any other time of year? There’s the chunky cableknit, the autumn-colored blouses and the wooly houndstooth, plaid and polka dots. Coupled with the crisp fall air and a chai latte (or three), we’re ready to kick some serious butt and boss out in style when October rolls around. Need some inspo to feel our excitement? Check out a few of our favorite plus size work outfits to get down to business.1. New York Minute Blouse + Dark Wash Skinny Jeans—You’ll feel on top of the world when you sport a flattering plus size blouse at the office (and, who are we kidding, anywhere for that matter). The ultra-slimming black tunic blouse flirts with see-through lace at the elbows and back, giving it a little bit more spice than your typical black work blouse, while the tailored skinnies tie it all together.
2. In the Vineyard Blouse + Black Flare Jeans—Command attention with this boho-inspired blouse featuring florals, tassels and a peplum hemline. Because who says your biz-caz looks have to be boring? We’re obsessed with pairing boho tops with retro-inspired flare jeans, giving your boardroom outfit a Summer of Love spin. Dress it up with some heeled booties to complete the fall trifecta.
3. Simple Favor Sweater + All Laced Up Booties—Prefer something that screams “boss lady?” Say hello to this confidently tailored sweater + skinnies + booties combo. If you’re looking for the best plus size business casual ideas, you’re going to want to get acquainted with the gray turtleneck. This super-versatile layer goes with everything—blazers, trench coats, scarves, all the fall things. Finish the look with some bootie-kicking lace-up booties and you’re off to the races.
4. Like Your Style Top + Picnics in the Park Pants—Can’t wear jeans in the office? No sweat. We’ve got lots of amazing plus size professional looks that ditch the denim, starting with this getup featuring our cool black and white checked pants. Borrowing from the boys, these slacks feature a classic check and a super-trendy but subtle crop, making them ideal for showing off your favorite workday pumps, loafers or slides.
5. Make a Change Sweater + Driven by Love Pants—The taupe-colored pants and oatmeal-colored top of this ’fit are about as fall as it gets. We adore the way these striped bottoms provide a pop of pattern to an otherwise all-neutral ensemble. The chic, high-rise silhouette and wide-leg fit make them extremely comfortable, so you can work them into looks Monday through Friday.
6. Round We Go Top + A Night to Cherish Pants—Every professional woman has a few pairs of statement pants to pepper in amongst the grays, blacks and navies. These funky wide-leg pants offer a sassy vertical stripe that’s bold yet easy to match with tops in black, white, navy, orange or yellow. Oh, and the drawstring waist means you’ll feel free to breeze around all day. We’re crazy about the fabulous fall hues of the Round We Go Top in rust, making this outfit perfect for workdays, happy hours and board meetings throughout autumn.
The Making of a Good Work Outfit
We’re of the belief that a good work outfit is one that makes you feel ready to slay the day with confidence, and the only way to do that is to rock pieces that you feel comfortable in–both physically and mentally. Pick out looks that don’t make you feel boxed in or restricted, and always prioritize those items that make you feel empowered.
Whether it be a power jacket, a pair of fierce booties or a blouse you can breathe in, never underestimate the power of a solid work outfit! Creativeclipsbycolleen is always here to help you dress for whatever’s on the agenda, from Monday meetings to Sunday brunches.